I’m so thrilled because of an exciting news!
Yes, you read it right. Leaning on Jesus got a Liebster (a German word in origin which means beloved, sweetheart, lover, darling) Award! So you are asking in your mind, “What’s a Liebster Award?” It’s an award given to new bloggers by other new ones.
My humble blog has been nominated by Cynthia Lee, the author of “What the heck’s a bonbon?” Thank you so much for nominating me. I also would like to take this privilege to thank my family, friends and relatives who continue to read whatever I write on my blog. Thank God for the inspiration most of all. Since I love to read, I have also loved to write.
Now, one of the tasks I have to fulfill as I receive this award is answer series of questions asked by my fellow blogger/nominator Sis Cynthia:
1. How did you decide on the title of your blog?
It was difficult for me to decide. Originally, I used my plain name and then I changed it into the current one because I don’t think my name sounds attractive for a blog. Since Jesus, to me, is my everything, I want His name to be on my blog’s title. I owe Him everything anyway.
2. Elephant or giraffe?
Giraffe. I find giraffe’s print on its body fascinating. Did you know that a giraffe can sleep standing up and its tongue is long enough to clean its ear? Well, I just learned about it a while ago while browsing for a giraffe’s photos. 😀
3. What is your favorite food?
It varies depending on my location. When I am in the Philippines, I love Tinolang Manok. When I am in Bangladesh, I prefer to eat Pulao rice with fried eggplant.
4. Who do you look up to the most?
I look up to my mother the most. She is not perfect but I know in my heart that despite all her struggles in the past and at present, she tries to remain strong for us, her children and grandchildren. I can testify that she is the strongest and the most beautiful woman I know on earth.
5. Would you rather cook or clean?
Both. I love eating even though I struggle to gain weight. Since I love eating, I also love cooking.
Why do I love cleaning? Well, the post-cleaning part gives me such an ineffable peace! ahhhh…. 🙂
6. Soup or salad?
Soup. I love it even in summer.
7. What’s your favorite type of sandwich?
I love Big Mac with lots of cheese, although I rarely can afford to have one. There’s no McDonald’s here in Bangladesh. 😦
8. If you had the chance to change your first name, what would it be?
I would love to be named Daphne. I just deem that having an /f/ sound on my name would be interesting.
Thank God, He blessed me with a husband whose name has an /f/ sound at the end of his first name–yes, his name is Joseph. [JOH-zef]
9. Tea of coffee?
We used to have a coffee farm but I never loved coffee. I go for a cup of tea and my favorite is Tulsi tea from Bangladesh.
10. What’s YOUR favorite blog post you’e ever written? Give us the link.
My very first blog: Good Works Cannot Save You, Jesus Can!
11. If time travel were possible, would you do it?
Yes, I would love to see my parents’ childhood days. I would love to play with them.
Now, here’s my nominees’ list:
1. Sis. Gema at Beloved Gems
2. Sis. Rae-Ann at Hello My Name is Redeemed
3. Sis Krizzia at Pilgrim’s Journey
4. Sis. Sofia at Little Miss Pilgrim
5. Sis. Eu at Teacher Yuyu
6. Sis. Laura at Live With a Mission
7. Sis. Andrea at Stumbling Everyday
8. Sis. Keishawna at The Jolly Moments
9. Sis Jessica at Polished Arrow
10. Sis. Suzanne at I Speak His Name
11.Sis. Heather at The Urbane Flower
Now, here are the Liebster Award Rules:
1. Acknowledge and link back your nominator–that’s me. 😉
2. Answer 11 questions given by the nominator.
3. Nominate other bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
4. Here’s the challenging part: Think of 11 new questions to ask your nominees.
5. Let your nominees know that you have nominated them.
Here are my questions for you:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. When did you understand love?
3. What is your favorite book? Give an excerpt in one sentence. 🙂
4. When did you first start reading a blog?
5. What is your best blog? Share with us the link.
6. What’s your favorite dish to cook for your guests?
7. What’s the best gift you have ever received?
8. Potatoes or rice?
9. How many books can you read in a day if you have a day off?
10. What is something adventurous you would like to try on your birthday?
11. Ice cream or cake?
I had so much fun doing this! I hope you’ll have a blast. Make your readers get to know you more.
In Christ with love,